Saturday 11 October 2014

SHOWSHOLLY - A NEW REVELATION IN THE NIGERIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY


The Nigerian music industry in recent years has seen a number of stars come up in an explosive way positively in music export, fame and of course a lot of money made.
Notable among the exploits are the following to mention a few; WizKid, Davido, Olamide,Tiwa, and so on.

ShowSholly, an upcoming act so far has four(4) singles, in a chat with him he led us into his background and how he came to music.

Themmy's : Good day to you, you are looking good. Please can we meet you.

ShowSholly : My name is Ogunlana Shola Matthew, I was born in Okokomaiko and an indegene of Ojo Local Government Area of Lagos State. I am from a family of four, three males and a female, am the second child.

Themmy's : How did you come to music?

ShowSholly : Well music is just me precisely because I have been singing right from my childhood. I started singing as a chorister in the church and from there the music thing started in me. Professionally, I started singing and going to the studio in 2008, and in 2009 I recorded my first single "Elewon Lo", and since then I have been recording and going to the studio.



Themmy's :How many singles so far, any video yet?

ShowSholly : I have five(5) singles now and no video yet

Themmy's : Type of song you do and links to listen to your song?

ShowSholly : I sing Afro pop, Dance hall, High life, and as my spirit directs according to inspiration I receive. (Links are at end of chat)



Themmy's : Are you involved  with any other thing aside music

ShowSholly : Well am still a student of the Lagos State University (LASU) Ojo, currently studying Computer Science. I also do menial jobs to keep my music career going.

Themmy's : View of the Nigerian music industry

ShowSholly: The Nigerian music industry has grown phenominally over the years, it has given a lot of youngsters the platform to show their GOds' given talent, I hope to exploit this too.


Themmy's : Performed at any show(s)/Event(s) yet?

ShowSholly: Yea, I have performed at several events and have had the opportunity of performing on stage with stars like Tony Tetuila, Sunny Nneji, Jaywon, Durella, Lace, Clever Jay, Danny Young, among others.


Themmy's : Five(5) years from now where do you see yourself in the music industry.

ShowSholly: I see myself everywhere in the world, making positive impact in the lives of as much as I can. A Youth Ambassador that Nigerians will be proud of, a celebrity and hopefully a Grammy Awards winner.

Themmy's : What is your view of marriage life, are there any plans at all?

ShowSholly; Whaoooooo, what a good question. Mirriage is a good thing, for now ShowSholly is SINGLE BUT READY TO MINGLE.

Themmy's : Social media handles?

ShowSholly: Facebook: Shola Matthew, Twitter @ShowSholly, BBM : 22661C01.

Themmy's : Are you under any record label yet?

ShowSholly: Presently no, but I would not mind working with any label that believes in my ability to be the next rated star.





Link to Songs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts